Read in Arabic

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Opinions and Facts

Before my first post, I would like to make a few things clear. Call this my disclaimer.

1. I am not, nor do I plan to be, affiliated with any government, NGO, or newspaper. These posts reflect my own opinion based on my observations as a American grad student studying in Egypt.

2. Out of fear for my own safety in this somewhat authoritarian country, I will not be disclosing my location, school, or any other information that could be used against me by the Egyptian government. I ask that those who know me personally to take this into consideration when posting comments. Egypt is no America; freedom of speech is all but an illusion in this nation.

3. Finally, any comments or criticisms about my posts are always welcome. I am still a student and am still learning, and therefore greatly appreciate any feedback which helps me develop my ideas.

I hope you enjoy reading these posts as much as I enjoy writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment